Professionals' Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct applies to all professionals in Real Tennis and Rackets at every level within the games. In no circumstances should this code be breached.
Effective 17 October 2014 click here
Effective 23 October 2015 click here
Effective 6 May 2016 click here
Club Professional Development
As CPD enters its fourth phase, Chris Bray has joined Graham Tomkinson with joint responsibility for the programme.
The programme continues to develop and there will be some further programme announcements in the near future.
Tory Wall will be providing some administrative assistance.
The CPD workshop programme is one part of career development for Real Tennis professionals, which should be of value to both Clubs and professionals.
From its start in 2010, the objective of the workshop programme has been to provide skills development opportunities for both young and experienced professionals.
The invitation list for each workshop is limited in number and also, by design, ensures a balanced attendance from clubs around the UK.
This helps to accommodate an interchange of best of breed ideas.
On return from the workshops, the professionals will work with their club's internal development plans to reinforce the skills that they have acquired on the one day CPD workshops.
About 30 workshops have been run in the first three seasons with an average attendee satisfaction rating of 4.62 (1 = poor and 5 = excellent).
The attendees or their clubs pay a small booking charge and the remainder of the fee is funded by the T&RA.
Regular discussion takes place with the T&RA via the Tennis Committee, the Training Board and Chris Davies to ensure the content of the programme is applicable and up to date.
The CPD programme has four threads:
- Personal and Management Skills
Each of these threads has a workshop programme currently covering up to three levels.
Workshops, all lasting one day, are held at various clubs around the UK.
Marking,Coaching and Equipment are all assessed during the workshop and a pass or fail sent to the attendee within 7 days of their attendance.
For Personal and Management Skills, in the absence of Assessment Centre status, these workshops are not assessed but provide an opportunity for attendees to learn new skills in a more relaxed environment.
CPD Current UK Professional Population by Discipline by Level - Feb 2017
Management: (G Tomkinson)
There are 35 experienced professionals who are eligible for Level 2 and above, 34 have passed Levels 2 and 3. (Four assistant professionals passed level 1 in 2016)
- Level 3:(5)J Dawes (merit), D Jones, C Bray, N Wood, C Ronaldson
- Level 2:(25)K King, K Ludekens, S Blaber, J Law, P Paterson, A Lyons, B Ronaldson, B Taylor-Matthews, L Taylor, S Brockenshaw, A Phillips, T Granville, W Burns, A Knibbs, A Davis, C Greenhalgh, M Seigneur, T Durack , R Hall-Smith, A Fowler , B Sayers, C Chapman, J Smith, D Long and A Player
- Level 1: Z Eadle, L Gordon (merit), J Brodie, J Ryan (assistant professionals who passed in 2016)
Marking (N Wood)
23 Professionals have declared their interest in Levels 2 and above and passed their assessments:
- Level 3: (9) A Lyons, A Phillips, M Ryan, C Swallow, C Bray, T Durack, A Fowler, N Wood, D Jones
- Level 2: (14) P Patterson, J Dawes, J Law, B Taylor-Matthews, L Taylor, S Brockenshaw, D Long, W Burns, A Knibbs, M Seigneur ( due to be assessed for Level 3), C Greenhalgh, B Sayers, C Chapman, J Smith
Coaching (D Jones)
Level 3 has been not been announced. The following have attended / passed Level 2 Coaching
- Level 2: (13) K Ludekens, S Blaber, J Dawes, L Taylor, S Brockenshaw, C Bray, M Seigneur, A Davis, C Greenhalgh, T Durack, A Fowler, N Wood, J Smith
Equipment: (C Bray i/c)
- 22 professionals attended S Ronaldson's workshop on advanced techniques for Equipment
Status as at 13/3/17
- March 16th CPD level 3 marking (Technical, and voice training) at RTC - FULL
- March 29th CPD level 3 conflict management at RTC - up to 4 slots available
- April 23rd CPD Marking Level 3 Appraisal at Oxford University RTC - FULL
- March 22nd CPD level 1 Final Assessment (1) at Wellington RTC - FULL
- April 12th CPD Level 1 Final Assessment (2) at Wellington RTC - FULL
- April 11th CPD Marking Level 2 at RTC - 2 slots available
- April 5th CPD Coaching level 2 (revised) - prototype at Wellington RTC - FULL
Next update will be 1/4/17