The court building programme from the late 19th Century continued, with new or replacement courts at Lord’s (1900), Newmarket (1901), Moreton Morrell (1905), Hardwick (1907), Seacourt (1911) and a few others which have not survived.
The Tennis & Rackets Association was formed in 1907 and was initially based at the Prince’s Club, Knightsbridge. During the First World War only Prince’s, Queen’s, Lord’s, Manchester and Brighton remained open. It was very difficult to recover from the War and, with Spanish Flu and the Great Depression, further courts were lost between the wars although the Lambay Island court in Ireland was opened in 1922. During the Second World War, only Lord’s and Manchester remained open whilst the Prince’s Club and Brighton, amongst others, were lost. The T&RA moved to Queen’s and, after the war, the slow process of recovery began. All the current courts were re-opened and, in 1990, a golden decade began with the opening of The Oratory court, followed by the Harbour Club, Bristol, Prested Hall (2 courts) and Middlesex, and the restoration of the court at The Hyde.