Field Trophy 2021/22
Mar 05, 2022 MMTCC T Granville
Oxford win a close final against local rivals, Radley.
Final - Saturday 5th March
Moreton Morrell Tennis Court Club were delighted to once again host the annual Field Trophy final on Saturday where your sponsorship and prizes were very gratefully received.
It was a closely fought match between Oxford and Radley and was a splendid day's tennis, ending 3-2 to Oxford. Unfortunately, a Radley player was absent through sudden illness and, as Oxford won the first two rubbers, the match was decided by lunchtime. Nevertheless, Radley fought hard for their honour and won the two matches after lunch, which would have made for a nail biting finish had Radley not defaulted earlier!
Below is the MMTCC social media collage of event photos, including their mantlepiece laden with the generous prizes from Pol Roger. Thank you for your continued sponsorship of this event.
- Roman Krznaric bt Mike Henman 6/1 6/0
- Geoff Baker & Anthony Clake bt Paul Kettle & Charles Human 6/3 6/1
- Alan & Richard Oliver lost to Magnus Garson & Stewart Licudi 6/5 5/6 3/6
- Rob Walker lost to Henry Henman 4/6 3/6
Radley conceded final match due to sudden illness on the day.
Oxford beat Radley 3-2
Results to follow
Semi-Finals - Saturday 22nd January
Radley beat Hatfield 5-0
- 1st Singles: Ben Yorston v Mark Rayner 6/4 6/3
- 1st Doubles: Henry & Mike Henman v Martin Richards & Nick Brodie 6/2 6/3
- 2nd Singles: Hamish Miller v Nick Lloyd 6/4 6/1
- 3rd Singles: Charlie Harries-Jones v Jonathan Fisher 6/3 6/4
- 2nd Doubles: Stewart Licudi & Charles Human v Mark Smith & Mark Rawstone 6/2 6/0
Oxford beat Prested w/o
First Round - Saturday 4th December
Radley bt Holyport 3-2
- 1st Singles: Henry Henman bt Nick Baker 6/3 6/5
- 2nd Doubles: Charles Human & Hamish Miller bt Penny Lumley & Simon Talbot-Williams 6/3 6/2
- 2nd Singles: Charlie Harries-Jones bt Ed Popplewell 6/3 6/2
- 1st Doubles: Mick Dean & Stewart Licudi lost to Robert Peel & David Barker 6/4 2/6 0/6
- 3rd Singles: Magnus Garson lost to Andy Keeley 4/6 2/6
Prested bt Jesmond Dene 3-2
- 2nd Doubles Richard Ramjane & Richard Lidstone Scott vs Richard Mcalister & Simon Long 6/3 2/6 2/6 Jesmond win
- 1st Singles Tom Shrager vs Paul Hetherington 6/4 6/3 Prested Win
- 1st Doubles Steve Taylor & Archie Sprott vs John Duns & Ronald Paterson 6/3 6/3 Prested Win
- 2nd Singles Colin Sprott vs Alex Dyter 5/6 0/6 Jesmond Win
- 3rd Singles Murray Lane vs Tom Hetherington 5/6 6/3 6/4 Prested Win