King's Goblet 2019
The Royal Tennis Court Board and membership would like to invite you to enter this four day tournament of tennis, socialising and history. We realise how fortunate we are to play at such a fine and historic national monument as Hampton Court Palace, and therefore would like to extend this opportunity to the wider world of real tennis. The Kingâ€™s Goblet is our only tournament open to all real tennis players, and we hope you will accept our invitation to enter.
The Kingâ€™s Goblet is a handicap doubles tournament, open to all handicaps - last year handicaps ranged from +3 to 103. Each pair will be guaranteed a minimum of 5 x 35-minute round-robin matches with the most successful pairs progressing through to the knockout stages. Win the event and see your name inscribed on the Kingâ€™s Goblet honours board in perpetuity for all to see!
Throughout the weekend, there will be plenty to keep you exercised, entertained, distracted and even educated. As well as tournament matches, there will be a tournament dinner and barbecue in our private garden. Please see attached schedule for more information on the weekendâ€™s activities in the Palace and local area. These include:
- Stroll around the Palace or join a guided tour to gain greater insight into the history of the Palace and the lives of the Kings and Queens of England
- Take a Palace rooftop tour to see the amazing architecture and wide-reaching views
- Wander the wonderful Bushy and Home Parks, where you can see magnificent deer that descend from ancient royal herds
- Catch a ferry boat along the River Thames to Kingston, a local market town, with great shopping and The Rose Theatre
- Visit the wonderful local pubs, cafÃ©s and restaurants where you can kick back and soak up the atmosphere.
Last year we had 16 clubs from around the world (including Australia and the USA) competing for the title. The weekend is all about enjoying and experiencing the Royal Tennis Court, Hampton Court Palace and all they have to offer. Why not invite friends and family to support!