Over 50s Amateur Doubles 2018
Sunday 7th October saw some of the finest Over 50s Doubles play in recent years! In what has been the strongest draw to date, we we're delighted to host an excellent day of Tennis.
Some brilliant Tennis throughout, but it was the No.1 Seeds (David Watson/Peter Wright) v. No.2 Seeds (and the current holders!) Peter Holmes and Simon Barker in the Final. Simon and Peter got off to a fantastic start and held their nerve in the first set to clinch it 6/5. Never more than a game apart, the second set went 6/5 to Watson/Wright, after a nail biting 5 all game! In the 3rd set, Wright & Watson went up a gear and played near faultless Tennis to close out the set and the match, 6/1.
Congratulations to our worthy finalists and runners up. Many thanks to all who came, we look forward to next year!
- D Watson & P Wright bt P Holmes & S Barker 5/6 6/5 6/1
- D Watson & P Wright bt R Peel & S Shenkman 6/0 6/2
- P Holmes & S Barker bt C Human & D Barker 6/5 6/5
- R Peel & S Shenkman bt T Poolman & N Jones 6/0 6/2
- C Human & D Barker bt P Jarvis & R MacAlister 6/5 6/5