Prested Real Tennis Club – HEAD and ASSISTANT PROFESSIONAL positions
The new management committee at Prested Real Tennis Club, now owned and run by its members, is seeking to recruit a full time Head Professional or Assistant Professional, or both, to join the team to run all aspects of real tennis activity at the club. This will include growing the membership, increasing court utilisation, helping players to develop and improve, creating a development programme for junior players, running tournaments and competitions, and much more.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of only three 2-court real tennis clubs in the United Kingdom as it begins a new phase in its history under new management. With the surrounding area having one of the country’s fastest growing populations, including nearby Colchester, there has never been a better time to increase membership numbers at the Club, and this will form an important part of the role.
The successful applicant will have experience of working as a real tennis club professional, and will be able to demonstrate that they can work with adults and juniors to encourage participation and develop players’ games. They will be able to represent Prested Real Tennis Club in a professional capacity through participation in National League and other professional tournaments.
- Increase court utilisation
- Grow membership numbers
- Provide coaching and development for all members
- Run dedicated junior coaching sessions on Saturday mornings
- Organise and run club and hosted T&RA tournaments (e.g. Category F, Over 40s etc.)
- Responsible for entries to National League, Brodie Cup, Field Trophy, Pol Roger, inter-club competitions (e.g. East Anglian Pennant) although captaincy and organisation may be delegated to members)
- Distribute monthly statements and manage receipt of payments for court usage
- Make and recover balls for club and tournament play
- Manage members’ handicaps
- Where possible mark the last 10 minutes of court time
- Be an ambassador for the Club
- Ensure that the Club is presented to members and visitors in a professional way and that the court and surrounds are kept clean and tidy
Qualifications and Skills
- Hold T&RA Level 1 and Level 2 IiP accreditation (or clear plan to achieve Level 2)
- Hold current Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) accreditation
- Have a good working knowledge of appropriate computer software, e.g Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Have experience of using social media and messaging apps, e.g. Facebook, WhatsApp
- Have experience of running club and T&RA tournaments
- The successful applicant will be self-employed and will be contracted to Prested Real Tennis Club
- This position would report directly to the management committee or nominated committee member
- For some responsibilities achievement versus targets will contribute towards renumeration, e.g. increasing court utilisation and membership numbers
For further information regarding this position please contact Clive Turner at email@example.com or by telephone on 07840 752782
Prested Real Tennis Club is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity for all and is opposed to any form of less favourable treatment or harassment on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sex, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or disability.