Vacancy – Assistant Sports Professional/Coach, Seacourt Tennis Club
Seacourt Real Tennis Club is looking for a new Assistant Sports Professional/Coach to contribute to the daily functioning of the Club. Do you have what it takes?
The role will be attractive to a current club professional or coach or to anyone who has an interest in, and potential to develop, a career in racquet sports. A background in Lawn Tennis, Squash, Badminton, Rackets or Real Tennis is highly desirable and would benefit the applicant.
This is a full-time position and could lead to competing in competitive racquet sports in the UK and internationally. A fuller job description will be supplied upon interest.
In conjunction with our Senior Real Tennis Professional, Andrew Lyons, and our Head Coach for Lawn Tennis, Rich Perkins, the Assistant Sports Professional would be responsible for the members’ and visitors’ racquet sport experience and join the warm welcoming family atmosphere that is Seacourt.
The Assistant Sports Professional/Coach will contribute to the daily functioning of the Club by supporting the senior professionals, including, but not limited to:
- Assisting player development initiatives by facilitating/organising events (eg master classes, group practice) and, where appropriate, by providing coaching sessions
- Assisting in the organisation and management of all Club racquet sport games/events and organising pennants and tournaments, finding and organising games for members, recording results, and encouraging members to play.
- Assisting in the growth of membership numbers across all ages, in particular the
- number of junior members and younger families.
- Helping to promote an atmosphere at the Club as an inviting place for current and prospective new members, offering a friendly, professional approach and ensuring the Club facilities are kept in good order and appearance.
- Play a part in greeting members, answering their questions, ensuring the equipment is ready, including real tennis and rackets balls are made and maintained, and that the Club is set up for their enjoyment.
- Assisting with sports communications to members in a timely manner, including adding to weekly updates, Club advertising, email and helping to keep the website current.
Supervision Arrangements and Performance Management
The Assistant Professional reports to, and is supervised by, the Senior Professional. There will be full support for the professional development of the successful candidate, for example Investing in Professionals (IiP) for developing Professionals in Real Tennis.
The remuneration package is to be set at a level commensurate with the successful applicant’s skills and experience, and will include salary and superannuation, together with potential for some self-employed income and incentive agreement.
Tenure and Working Hours
This is a full-time position, working a minimum of 40 hours per week, which will include some weekends on a regular basis, based on a rota to be agreed with the Senior Professional.
Seacourt Tennis Club
Seacourt is a world-renowned sports and social club located on the South Coast of England on Hayling Island, loved for its friendly ambience where families are warmly welcomed. Seacourt offers many forms of racquet sports, including;
- Real Tennis (aka Royal Tennis or Court Tennis)
- Lawn Tennis, on 2 top of the range Tiger Turf floodlit courts
- Badminton in our sprung floored sports hall;
- Padel Tennis (on the Rackets Court)
- Squash, 3 courts one of which is a newly refurbished glass backed exhibition court.
- Racquetball and Table Tennis (on Squash Courts), Sticke tennis on the Real Tennis Court
As well as the above racquet sports, Seacourt also offers the following sporting and fitness facilities and services. It has;
- A newly refurbished Gym, with the latest equipment for Cardio and Fitness training.
- A Dance studio used for Pilates, Yoga, Ballet and Dance
- Petanque pitch
- Fencing for adults and juniors.
- External providers hire space at the Club to teach a wide variety of fitness classes and a local golf pro offers lessons using an on-site simulator.
- A local cricket team, The Racqueteers, base themselves at the Club
- Bar and restaurant with catering services which offer hospitality and events.
Applications should be sent to for the attention of: The Board of Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org and should include a CV and a covering letter setting out why you are interested in the position and what you would bring to it.
The appointment would be subject to safeguarding checks and required accreditation from the relevant sports governing bodies.
Further information can be sought by looking at our website: seacourt.com or contacting us by emailing email@example.com or telephone 02392 466122. Visits to the Club prior to application can be arranged and are very welcome.